Sunday, May 3, 2015

Remember The Now Art Journal

Hello, everyone! Let's play this beautiful color this week - Abandoned Coral, is the second new distress color of 2015, and the inspiration for this challenge. Don’t have this color of distress? That’s ok! Simon is challenging you to use any coral paper, ink, paint, or other product. 

I was inspired to use Abandoned Coral Spray Stain on the tag and my art journal page.


I love the beautiful and vibrant color of new Abandoned Coral Distress Stain and use it to create the background of this journal page.


I also sprayed the tag with the same Distress Stain after the tag was stamped with Tim Holtz Rubber Stamp Simple Sayings, and embossed with Clearsnap Clear Embossing Powder, The cup image and sentiment were stamped with Memento Black ink, and distressed with Art Dauber and ColorBox inks.


I randomly added some Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs. As a finishing touch, I randomly applied Distress Spray Stain Picket Fence on the page.



I really love this beautiful Abandoned Coral color and hope you like my journal page as I do. Try this color on your next project as well.



Supply List:


Join us for this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday ChallengeSimon Says Stamp is giving away a $50 gift voucher that will go to a random entry chosen by Random Generator. Good luck!

Thank you for stopping by. Love and hugs.

Meihsia ^_^





19 comments:

  1. Oh I totally love this page!! Glorious colours, love the white splatters and that coffee cup really pops! Great project showcasing the colour beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful journal page! I love how you have blended the color with the yellows and the dark edges it gives it a whole different effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the details on this page x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the color blending :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always many beautiful things here!
    I love all your works.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colors, so powerful and expressive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always an incredible journal page! Love your color and your design! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a gorgeous art journal page, Meihsia! love the coffee cup! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty page, Meihsia! I like how you incorporated the quote. Cutie idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Supreme page!!! I ADORE the tag! The coffee cup and the sentiment are too fun! Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous journal page! Love the coffee cup, background and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful! All those layers of color and stamping/stenciling. It glows! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are AMAZING Meihsia!
    This is just FABULOUS! so much depth too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. GORGEOUS! Wow! I am thrilled about your fantastic page!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great page this is! Your texture is incredible and I really like how you added teal in with the harlequin pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  16. As always, I LOVE your colour palette Meihsia and you've used them so well to create such a wonderful page with fabulous details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow.... This is absolutely stunning! The depth of colors and the amazing grungy texture drew me right in. I had to pop over to tell you how much I adore this card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Meihsia, this is fantastic! Love the wonderful colours and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous journal page...I love the layout, colour and textures...very cool!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete